Thursday, June 28, 2007

Midway Airport


Here I am at Chicago’s “we try harder” airport. I will skip the rant on the current state of the US air transport system that had me stay the night because my Delta flight to LGA was eventually cancelled because of thunderstorms in NYC. Let me just say that I am beginning to think that the penguins are actually the lucky ones in this global warming mess because, at least, they don’t fly.

Now for some news that you can use. Midway is a nice airport. The current terminal hub is very new and full of useful shops. I was picked up toiletries, socks, boxer shorts and a very stylish Calvin Klein shirt on my scramble from the plane to a hotel, racing to beat my fellow passengers to the taxi line after our plane returned to the gate last night.

The Airport will take about 1/3 less time and cost to taxi from downtown then to O’Hare and a little less hassle once you get to the airport. The flights are a little less crowded because, unlike O’Hare, it is not a hub. Your Chicago to New York plane is full of folks from Chicago not full of folks from everywhere that just happened to have to connect through Chicago.

No comments: